Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Delicious Cheese Crackers

I recently baked the most delicious Cheese Crackers from a recipe that I adapted, so I thought I would share the recipe...
They are honestly so good, I would consider doubling up the recipe if I were you...



Cheese Crackers


1 ½ cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese


4 tablespoons unsalted butter


¾ cup flour, plus more for dusting


½ teaspoon salt


¼ teaspoon paprika


1 tablespoon sour cream

Preheat oven to 180 ˚c
Combine cheese, butter, salt, and paprika with pastry blender (or even your fingers) until mixture resembles course crumbs.
Add the sour cream and mix until dough forms a ball.
Place dough ball in the fridge for about an hour (or in the freezer for 20mins).
Line a baking sheet with wax paper
Remove dough from fridge and roll out thinly onto a floured surface.
Use desired cookie cutter to cut out crackers.
Arrange crackers on prepared sheet.
Bake for 15minutes or until golden (this will depend on your oven and the thickness of your crackers).
Let the crackers rest for a short while before transferring to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment