Thursday, January 10, 2013

This Year




If you have been following my blog for some time, you will know that I am quite a goal-orientated person, so it is really no surprise that every year I set myself New Year’s resolutions… Each year my resolutions are not dissimilar to the year before, and like many people, many of them become a distant thought when the sparkle of the festive season fades into yet another year. 

This year I will once again set myself goals for the year ahead, but this time I choose to focus my energy on positive thoughts and goals… Things that are fun, and easily achievable, all the while being beneficial.


* Live each day like it’s a special occasion

I posted about this recently (here), and truly believe that it is an excellent way to live. What better occasion than being alive to dress up in a pretty dresses, and gorgeous heels, with beautiful perfume all the while drinking sparkling champagne out of your fanciest glassware…


* Be here now

This relates back to yesterday’s post (here) as well as my first resolution. I spend far too much time thinking about the past and worrying about the future, and not enough time enjoying the present.  (Yes, I understand the irony of making resolutions, all the while resolving to live in the now)


* Do more of what I enjoy

Discovering new music, and rediscovering old music. Learning something new every day, whatever form it may take. Reading, whether it be books, magazines or poetry. Writing down my thoughts and theories, poems and stories – real or make believe.  Drawing, painting, colouring and creating.  Trying and tasting new recipes. Spending time with the people who make me happy, the people I love, those who make my heart sing…  



* Be kind to my body

Eating a healthy diet, and exercising is just as important as indulging in delicious, less healthy food and having fun Рas clich̩ as it is, it has to be said that the important thing to be aware of is the balance between the two.


 And for you my friends…


“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” - Neil Gaiman

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment