Thursday, February 3, 2011

Picnic Time

I have long been a fan of a picnic... From the time I used to picnic with my teddies in my garden (singing if you go down to the woods today), to picnicking with my big brother, who refused to use a blanket cos it was naf (I later found out he real reason was that he was too lazy to carry one) , and more recently enjoying picnics with my friends.

Last year, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to picnic more... this was facilitated by the most gorgeous picnic bag my mom bought me as a gift. It is filled with all the plates, bowls, cups and cutlery necessary for the most well equipped picnic you ever did see, not forgetting green checked napkins, not paper, but fabric!








I have been thinking of things to do on Valentine’s day, and since Mr.Makebelieve and I have yet to have a picnic together (just the two of us); I thought what better day than Valentine’s Day... Unfortunately, it falls on a Monday – and picnicking at night, after work, just doesn’t have the same appeal as picnicking under a bright blue sunshiny sky.

I suppose we could always celebrate on the Sunday...



How gorgeous are these images of picnics. Can you imagine going on a picnic donning a Kelly picnic basket by Hermes – Perhaps one day...
What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment