Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend in Pictures

I came to many realisations this weekend, some positive, and others negative.

I lost my purse on Friday night, with all my cards in it, and didn’t even realise that it was missing until Standard Bank notified me that a man who lives above the venue I was at- The Bohemian- had called them to let them know that he had found it. This taught me that there still are some good people out there- and although he will probably never see this post, I want to thank him, from the bottom of my heart, first of all for his honesty, and secondly for restoring some of my faith in human kind.

On Saturday night I had a rather awkward encounter, which made me realise that, despite the fact that I still feel like I am 16, there really is a difference in maturity between people my age, and people who are younger than me… Boys will be boys…I now need to learn to take this into account, and put things into perspective.

The word “Whore” was also thrown around on Saturday night, and it made me realise that all too often we use such words so loosely, sometimes describing a girl wearing something a little too revealing, when in fact we have absolutely no idea about her, or her sexual exploits. It is a very hurtful thing to say about a person, and I have decided I am really going to bite my lip before spewing out such ugliness… except when used affectionately, which believe it or not, seems to occur on occasion between myself and my girls.

Mother’s day was lovely, it’s so special to come together with family. These people know you better than anyone, and have honestly seen you at your adolescent worst, and still love you in spite of it.
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
Washington Irving












 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment